Here's what mine looks like:
1) Wake up panic-stricken at 4AM with an overwhelming sense of insignificance, but then fall back asleep because depression is exhausting.
2) Sleep in until 9:30AM, then stare at the ceiling for 20-30 minutes.
3) Let the dog outside to pee, poop and bark at passers-by.
4) Turn on KALX for eccentric, amazing and/or painfully annoying music while preparing breakfast: fried egg, black coffee with turbinado, toast with Earth Balance.
5) Eat breakfast in front of the computer while checking my 3 email accounts and then log-on to facebook, myspace, yelp, blogspot, fark in attempts to continue being in touch with the world.
6) Do #5 for 2-3 hours.
7) In addition, for 2-3 hours, feverishly scan Craigslist, Indeed, and Monster for a job, "any*" job!!
8) Decide to "do something with myself"
- Create perfectly aligned rows of light beige and dark beige carpet while vacuuming
- brush my teeth
- make the bed
- feed and walk the dog
- create natural household cleaners, especially one for the shower curtain
- do the dishes (only applies when they are piled up too high or if something smells)
- consider sweeping and dusting
9) Look at the clock once the door knob starts to turn - it's 4:30 and Tim's home!! YAY!
REPEAT x74 days... and counting...
Since March 9th, I formed a group called "The Walking Unemployed". Essentially, we are a group of people frustrated-with-the-job-market, bored-as-hell, can't-stand-this-weight-gained-sitting-on-my-ass-waiting-for-an-employer-to-call-back who want to meet similar minded people. We meet every weekday morning at 10:30 for coffee and a brisk 2-8 mile walk in various parts of Oakland. This group has saved my sanity by giving me reason to get up and get moving. I can insert this in between #4 and #5 on my list.
* with the exception of fast food service, telemarketing, live-in caregiving, tutoring, and envelope sealing.