Sunday, March 22, 2009

Good Night & Good Luck

This afternoon we payed our respects to one of our favorite spots in Oakland, the Parkway Theater. I first learned of the Parkway through my mom and dad, "They have couches, and you can order food!"
I was too young to go then. Hard to believe that was 12 years ago.
Moments there have been good (Grindhouse, Sensitivity Training, double date w/Mpho & Klaudia, Tim & Melissa's downtown Oakland MEGA DATE, etc.) and bad (grimey couches, flat beer, spilled beer, forgetting our food order, guy behind us farting during Choke, etc.), but here was a theater I didn't have to sneak a tall can into. Here was a theater I could catch a film I couldn't bare spending $12 on seeing (2 for 1 Wednesdays like WHAT!). Here was a theater I could do a little cross dressing and step out for a midnight screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show...

-image deleted-

Let's keep our hopes up that the closing is only temporary. Until then, you know you're all welcome to grab a 6 pack and come on over to the crib to watch whatever cult/foreign/oddball film I've ripped, err, umm, rented from netflix. 

Please show your support by clicking here.







No comments: