Wednesday, February 4, 2009

No Reservations: Philippines

Ai nako, here it is! It's (practically) confirmed.
I am plastering the words now: ANTHONY BOURDAIN'S VISIT TO THE PHILIPPINES AIRS FEBRUARY 16TH. Tune into the Travel Channel at 10pm that night.

I can see it now - 
balut, adobo, sinigang, lechon... all the key foods of my people, and all the reason I became vegetarian at thirteen. Food is very much appreciated and respected, which is comforting in a sense for the animals that are used in every dish. But really, Filipinos use animals in everything that is eaten. You'll see during the show.

Filipinos love to eat, I mean, really lub it. I'm excited to see how Philippine cuisine is portrayed on the show. I hope it's all done in good taste (harhar!).


 

2 comments:

The McCarthys said...

we love that show! Did you see the one on Venice and the Azores? Did you know that my great-grandfather is from the Azores? I am not sure which island, though. So I've got a little portuguese running through my veins. We will definetly tune in to watch! BTW...love the new background!

Tim and Melissa said...

No, I didn't see either of those shows - I admit, I rarely watch his show, just read his blog - but I did see a video snippet on the Azores. Anthony was quoted as saying that it's a very picturesque, and clean place. Cool!